Clerk Of Courts
Marty Vittardi has been the elected Clerk of Courts for Parma Municipal Court since 1991. His office serves approximately 180,000 residents of eight communities in southwestern Cuyahoga County. These communities include: Parma, Parma Heights, Seven Hills, Brooklyn, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Brooklyn Heights and Linndale.
As Clerk of Court, Marty is responsible for receiving and processing all court cases and documents as well as collecting and distributing the monies associated with these cases.
Marty, along with the Judges, brought complete computerization to Parma Municipal Court in 1992 and since then has continually worked to improve technology. One of the major advancements has been the implementation of a video arraignment program that has saved considerable time and money for the participating communities.
Prior to serving as Clerk of Courts, Marty served as Councilman as well as the Director of Public Service for the city of Parma. He also has served in government as a congressional assistant and as a deputy clerk in the Cuyahoga County Probate Court. Marty is a graduate of Parma Senior High as well as John Carroll University.
Here are a few of the professional and civic organizations that Marty has been involved in throughout the years:
- Ohio Association of Municipal Court and County Clerks (O.A.M.C.C.C.) served as President and Vice President
- North East Ohio Municipal Court Clerks Association (N.E.O.M.C.C.A.) served as President, Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer and Sergeant-At-Arms
- Parma Area Chamber of Commerce (Executive Board Member)
- Community Leadership Group (serving Parma, Parma Heights and Seven Hills) founder and chairman
- Parma School District, Superintendent’s Business Advisory Committee
- Byers Field Foundation, Trustee
- Cuyahoga County Democratic Executive Committee
- Cuyahoga County Democratic Central Committee
- Seafarers International Union (legislative field representative)
- Cleveland A.F.L.-C.I.O. Federation of Labor (delegate for S.I.U.N.A.)
- Cleveland Port Maritime Council, Secretary/Treasurer